Silencer 470 ATX Power Supply Installation Instructions
Home > Support > Silencer 470 ATX Power Supply Installation Instructions
Power Supply Removal
1. Turn off the computer. Unplug the power cord from the power supply receptacle.
2. Remove the cover from the computer chassis.
3. Disconnect the motherboard and drive connectors.4. Remove the 4 screws that secure the power supply to the chassis and slide the power supply out.
Power Supply Installation
1. Position the power supply in the computer chassis and secure it with the screws provided.
2. Attach the motherboard connectors according to figures 1 and 2 as needed.
3. Attach the PCI Express video connector according to figure 3.
4.Attach the drive connectors to the peripherals according to figures 4, 5 and 6.
|Caution: Incorrect installation of the connectors could damage your PC.|
1. The ON/OFF function of the power supply is controlled through the motherboard connector (Pins 15 and 16).
2. The power supply requires a minimum load of 1A on the +5V output for proper regulation and operation. Most motherboards will meet this requirement.
3. The 24 to 20-pin adapter is to enable the power supply to be used with older motherboards.
|CAUTION: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD THE POWER SUPPLY COVER BE OPENED. THERE ARE DANGEROUS HIGH VOLTAGES INSIDE. REFER ALL DIFFICULTIES TO PC POWER & COOLING, INC.|
If you have questions about this product, please contact PC Power & Cooling Customer Service at 1-800-722-6555 or 1-760-931-5700.